Friday, April 4, 2008

How Retailers Turn Us Into Spendthrift Suckers

Money
Why you're a big sucker
Tuesday April 1, 5:29 am ET

By Paul J. Lim, Money Magazine senior editor



Bet you think you spend money pretty sensibly. Well, Dan Ariely would bet you don't. A noted behavioral economist with current posts at MIT and Duke, Ariely has been proving for years that consumers often spend more when they plan to spend less.
ADVERTISEMENT


Now he's put his findings into layman's terms in a new book, "Predictably Irrational: The Hidden Forces That Shape Our Decisions." In it, he explains how marketers exploit our blind spots of logic and how we can see them coming. Today's shaky economy, he argues, is no place to waste money being irrational.

Original Article

Do you spend your money sensibly? I bet you think so,
and I thought that, too. But as I read this article
I was quiet shocked that the more I try not to spend
more money, the more I spend. Here are few Q&A s,
why don't you go over these?

20100174 #4 Entry